Friday 21 March 2014

Slow start

Despite my best intentions at the beginning of the year, 2014 is turning out to be somewhat lacking in the model production area. The only completion so far is the Airfix 1/72 P-51D, a humble kit that has all the makings of a classic and a serious contender for the best 1/72 Mustang kit in my opinion – if not in tooling quality (though it's very nicely done), certainly in value. For a change I finished it as a restored warbird, 'Stang', having seen and photographed the real aircraft in a museum in Arizona. The spurious blue camo appealed to my contrary side (much like the red 'Millie P' on the old Revell box top which I'd love to do some time). The only change I had to make was to add a second seat in the cockpit and create the ALPS-printed decals.

Oh, and thanks Nigel for the gentle push to post again!






No comments:

Post a Comment